Thursday, February 18, 2010

Starting Seeds

A vacuum seeder is used to seed 288 cell flats very quickly. Note: this one was made by Brad who is operating it.

Float bed for transplant production. The flats float on top of the water.

Empty flat

The underside of a flat. The hole lets in water.

A seedling rack with germination chamber at the bottom.

A timer controls the florescent lights.

A thermostat controls the heat mat in the germination chamber.

Inside the germination chamber.

Watering in a small container.

Watering in a kiddie pool.

3 comments:

mythopolis said...

This looks like a cool operation!

Inspector Clouseau said...

Nice work. I came across your blog while “blog surfing” using the Next Blog button on the blue Nav Bar located at the top of my blogger.com site. I frequently just travel around looking for other blogs which exist on the Internet, and the various, creative ways in which people express themselves. Thanks for sharing.

Min said...

Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wished to say that I've truly enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. In any case I will be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon! Patek Philippe Nautilus
Patek Philippe watches